Most homeowners have realized the importance of owning some sort of cooling systems for their homes. There are options and more options available these days and choosing the right one which fits your requirement might get a little confusing. It is thus important to get all the information on the different cooling systems before you decide on a specific one. Evaporative cooling which is direct has been used since ages.
The Working of Evaporative Coolers:
As the name suggests, evaporation is used for cooling of the air in the atmosphere. These coolers have a pump which contributes to the working of this cooler to a major extent. The pump tends to circulate the water to the cooling pads from the reservoir. The fan draws air from the outside and pushes it through the pads which are moistened.
The Apt Choice:
This evaporative cooling is an ideal choice for almost all homeowners due to the many benefits this provides. Some of these are listed below.
- Affordable Installation: An air-conditioner tends to be much more costly as compared to an evaporative cooler. Even if you opt for the most expensive air coolers, they will be much cheaper as compared to air-conditioners. In other words, these coolers can fit into most budgets in a comfortable manner.
- Friendly to the Environment: Considering the factor of the environment is important before you make a choice of any appliances for your home. As we know that the environment is facing a constant threat. These coolers do not use any chemicals for the operation and are thus considered as ‘safe’. Besides this, the air in your home is not dry as in other cooling systems. You are exposed to fresh air as the windows and the doors are open while operating this system.
- Maintenance is Easy: The essential parts of an evaporative cooler are the fan and the pump which can be easily replaced if damaged. The other parts are not costly or complicated in any way. Depending on how often this cooler is used, you can get it serviced twice a year to the maximum. Flushing and draining the reservoirs, replacing the tubing which is cracked, cleaning of the pump screens and lubrication is all that is required.
- Operation Costs: As compared to air-conditioners these coolers require only 50% of electricity. This is enough for the running of the pump and the fan.
- Fresh Air: As these coolers tend to increase humidity, they work ideal for those living in dry air conditions. Besides this, the pads in these coolers tend to filter the air, keeping the atmosphere healthy and clean. They also remove the ozone contaminants from the air which can lead to the build-up of molds and fungus in your room. Proper installation of evaporative cooling can keep your surroundings safe for a long time, especially if you have little children or aged patients at home.
- Quiet Operation: A cooling system which tends to be noisy leads to a disturbed sleep. You get up all hassled and frustrated. This is not so with the evaporative coolers.
Buying an Evaporative Cooler:
Evaporative coolers are ideal for those living in dry climates. Places where the humidity is high, these coolers take a longer time to cool the air. Check out the size of the room which requires cooling before you decide on an evaporative cooling system. There are many sizes available in the market and you need to buy the right one, which works well for the size of your room.
Deciding on the manufacturers can be easy as you have multiple listed online. Make an effort of going through the different manufacturers and comparing the prices, ensuring you are paying right and not over the top.