Different herbs are medicinal and have been used for different ailments for thousands and thousands of years. Before opting to consume these herbal medicines, it gets important again for you to be aware of the different properties of herbs so that you remain well aware of what you are consuming and how it can be beneficial for you. Any medicine, be it a chemical drug or natural, cannot be taken without having some knowledge and basic information. It has also been proved that herbal medicines are beneficial in the long run and are safer as compared to the allopathic drugs prescribed by the doctors.
Preparation of Herbs:
The boiling of berries, barks, and different roots can offer you different decoctions with the required extracted ingredient. The strained liquid can be taken either cold or hot.
Tinctures are prepared by soaking different herbs in alcohol and water. The active ingredient is extracted and preserved.
Ointments can be made by combining a specific herb with either oil or fat, and later this is heated in a quick manner over boiling water and is then set.
Herbal Medicine Principles:
Herbal medicines are used for treating the underlying cause of a specific ailment. The herbalists take the total picture into account instead of just looking at the signs or symptoms. The right treatment is prescribed only after taking the life style and stress factors of a patient and studying the same.
Once the herbalist has decided on a specific course of action that needs to be taken then only herbs are prescribed. These herbs tend to restore the natural balance of an individual. Herbal medicines are used not only as preventive medicine but can also be used to boost your immunity system.
Reasons for opting Herbal Medicines:
1. It has been proved time and again that herbal remedies do work and can get beneficial in various situations. All you need to remember is to have a little patience as these medications are natural and very often take their time to show some effect. With the hectic lifestyle adopted by most of us these days, we want instant solutions to any ailment, but on every occasion, the quick remedy cannot be the answer to a problem. Herbal medicines take the larger picture and work in totality. Give it some time and wait for that almost permanent cure to your ailment.
2. Safety is a big factor when talking about medicines. Allopathic drugs have chemicals which definitely cause dangerous side-effects in the long run. These drugs are like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Let your body heal without any dangers with herbal medicines.
3. Herbal medicine is any time affordable as compared to the other drugs and can also be stored for a longer period of time as compared to the OTC drugs. Consequently, one can consider it as a wise decision to invest time and money on herbal drugs.
4. Herbal remedies are natural and thus combining two or more of these medicines are suitable. You can say they are easily customizable. That makes this whole concept all the more convenient.
5. These medicines are a natural hundred percent and thus absolutely safe. The number of ingredients put in these medicines can be adjusted in accordance with the requirement of an individual.
6. Combining chemical drugs with these herbal medicines is no big deal. All you need to do is take the permission from your doctor.
Herbs can be used in multiple preparations. You can use them in your tea, coffee or even meals. All you need to do is choose the right herb that can benefit you in an appropriate way. This information can be derived from the internet or you can consult a doctor for natural medicine. The benefits offered by herbal medicine surpass the benefits offered by prescribed drugs or OTC drugs.