One of the most important jobs one needs to do is to make sure the house has proper alarm and security system. The crime is increasing with every passing day. Thus, it is of utmost importance to make sure the home is protected properly from intruders. With the advancement of technology, the commonly used electric alarm have become backdated and can be bypassed easily.
Types of systems
Numerous advanced alarm and security system are available in the market. The common types are explained below.
• Monitored Alarm System: They are enhanced and advanced versions of the local electric alarm system. They tend to have connection to the monitoring services along with the alarms. Firstly, if any unusual behavior is identified the agents call to identify whether the alert was a real one or a false alert. Here, the monitoring authorities only send the alert to the concerned persons who would come to the spot within minutes. The other things such as fire or carbon monoxide level are also monitored keeping in mind the safety of the family.
• Smoke Alarm System: The smoke alarm system commonly guards against the house from any kind of fire and smoke. They usually contain hardwired or wireless smoke detectors along with strobe lights. A complete fire alarm system can also be installed, which would contain a sprinkler system, a heat detector, as well as a smoke detector.
• Burglar alarm system: The most common type of alarm systems is installed in the household. It is fitted along with the doors, windows sensors, and motion detectors. If the sensors are tripped in any manner immediately, an alarm is sent, which starts a loud sound, which in turn alerts the neighborhood. They are controlled by a keypad, which is located centrally.
• Medical alarm system: Here, there is an emergency button on the keypad of the home security system. Pressing the button would alert the central security organization, which would in turn inform the concerned doctors. This is absolutely a delight, especially for elderly people who stay alone.
• Critical alarm system: This type of alarm system would protect the house against leaks, which usually remain undetected as long as it does not do huge damage. This type of system would protect the house from higher damage. It can monitor the plumbing and heating system when the house is empty. It would inform the concerned personals if a pipe burst or any kind of leakage occurs.
Different processes of installation
Before installation of the alarm and security system for home, it is important to be completely aware of the entire installation process. The process of installation usually depends on what type of system you prefer to install. The common installation processes are explained below.
• DIY (Do it yourself) installation process: In this process, the homemaker is in full control. It is completely his decision about the devices and sensors that would be installed. Usually, these processes are simple and do not require complex wirings. It usually takes about an hour to complete the entire process. However, it is important to do a thorough research about the process so that the homemaker is not stuck in between. It is better to get in touch with the professionals if the homemaker messes in between and is not aware of the next step.
• Professional installation: Here, the homemaker can relax throughout the entire process, since the experienced professionals take responsibility of the complete process. They would firstly examine the existing wiring and entire layout of the house. They would take the entire responsibility if anything goes wrong and would not be paid until they fix it completely.