The modern homes create a kitchen that is the heart and soul of the entire house. It’s therefore important to choose the bench tops that have a quality surface and a good finish. It is an important decision, as there are two types like stone and laminate. The stone benchtops are used for the surface of the kitchen that sets the tone of the entire area. It needs to be given a thought, as this is such an investment that cannot be replaced often. What must be considered before the purchase of the bench top? The vital factors are the overall aesthetics that will change the overall look of the kitchen.
The durability is another important factor that the homeowner must consider. The requirement to maintain the surface easily is essential. The homeowner must decide the different ways in which he will use it and lastly the budget that you are comfortable with. The stone bench tops are a popular choice among homeowners, as it adds glamour as well as style to the kitchen. The look of the surrounding area also gets transformed completely. It is considered as a timeless appeal and the most practical alternative for a luxurious surface.
Benefits of Stone Bench Tops
- The obvious benefit of stone bench tops is the quality. It is expensive as compared to the other materials but it has a stunning look and delivers great service for many years. It is not only a bench top for the kitchen but also is a great investment of the home incr easing its value.
- Stone is known for both beauty and smooth touch. It is found in attractive mixture of colors with swirling light and dark shades. It also has a staggering array of patterned colors. The stones that are used are available in large chunky chips as well as blended monochromatic stones. The neutral one’s blend easily with any color scheme used for the kitchen. The thickness of the stone is selected as per the needs of an individual.
- It is a known fact that stone is the strongest materials in the whole world. It is also tough and long lasting. It can be cleaned just by rubbing with a damp cloth. The stone is preferred to other materials, as it is resistant to stains and scratches. The added benefit is that it will not degrade over a period.
What is engineered Stone?
The engineered stones are made from crystals of quartz. They are like natural stone but have many more advantages than natural stone.
- Since the material is compressed into slabs, they have similarity in color and texture. The only difference is that the color is uniform unlike the natural stone.
- The engineered stone bench tops will match your kitchen throughout with perfection. The colors available include earth tones all around the spectrum. The other colors are rose and gray. The color usually is natural but you can add desired colorants.
- The main advantage is that it will not wear out as soon as granite. It has the property of resistance to heat. Hence, a heated pan will not leave a scratch.
- The engineered stones do not absorb liquids. Therefore, it is much easier to clean the slabs. You will find that it is an asset when you work with raw vegetables, fish, or meat.
- The stone bench tops are of best in use if made from engineered stone. They also stand up to oil, juice and many other substances. It will go well with the latest kitchen models.
Thus, it is advisable to consider stone bench tops for your kitchen.